What is the Best Way to Handle My Saturated Interior After a Pipe Leak?
Calling SERVPRO to Your Sarasota Residence Provides You with the Latest Water Damage Techniques
Each part of SERVPRO’s water restoration process gets meticulously planned so that we can ensure optimum results. Our main goal is to return your Sarasota home to preloss condition, which calls for a selection of expert techniques and the latest water removal technology. We are also Faster To Any Size Disaster, and you can count on us to be available 24/7 – ensuring you have quality results whenever you need it!
Even if It Was a Slight Leak, Do I Need to Call a Professional?
Failing to find the slightest amount of moisture left behind in your home poses a potential threat from the onset of secondary damage. Additionally, taking care of all your water damage in Sarasota ensures that your interior is free from the development of mold and mildew. SERVPRO uses powerful, industrial-strength tools and equipment to provide you with the best results.
Even though some consumer equipment is suitable for smaller water removal jobs, our professional-grade equipment and expertise and knowledge create a powerful result. While a DIY project is admirable to take on, water leaks can bring about potential health hazards and long-lasting damage to your structural materials if you do not handle it properly.
Why are Industrial Dehumidifiers Superior to Consumer Equipment?
There are many reasons why our technology is best suited for all kinds of water damage projects, including:
- We use dehumidifiers that remove a significant amount of moisture from the atmosphere within your interior. Our units remove roughly 100 to 250 pints each day, where a consumer unit removes only 20 to 50 pints each day, which also allows drying to happen at a much faster pace.
- The units feature smart technology that adjusts heating and cooling elements according to the temperature and moisture content within the zone.
- Our industrial-grade dehumidifiers include powerful air filters that capture damaging particles such as allergens.
What About the Saturated Drywall in My Home?
Our team utilizes a range of solutions that help identify the impact water has had on the drywall throughout your interior. For example, non-penetrating moisture meters establish a dryline where dampened drywall is unaffected by water. Determining the position of the dryline is elemental for effective drying methods, including:
- Flood cuts
- Controlled demolition
- Positive pressure drying, and more
We look at several factors to determine whether your drywall needs restoring or if a full replacement is best. Physical signs of water damage due to lengthy exposure to water include:
- Fungal growth
When your drywall does not show visible signs of damage, it might be possible to restore it on-site.
What is Water Migration and How Do You Check for It?
SERVPRO brings a broad range of specialized devices to your Sarasota home that allows us to determine if water has migrated from one area to the next. Water likes to move to dry spaces while following the path of least resistance. We can learn more about this path by using:
- Infrared camera technology –this helps to determine the location of the water
- Hygrometer –this helps provide an accurate measurement of dampness in the zone
Using these two tools in tandem helps us form a clearer picture of how to proceed with drying methods and equipment.
Can I Salvage My Hardwood Floors?
Any hardwood flooring in your home is at risk from damage whenever you have a water loss incident in Sarasota.Whether black hickory, maple, cherry, or another wood species composes your floor, SERVPRO has the skills and techniques to restore it rather than replace it. You must know that waiting for the water to dissipate is not an option when you have hardwood flooring, as the damage could become irreversible. We use a variety of techniques to mitigate the issue, including:
- Negative air pressure, which helps to suction the water out of the flooring
- Moisture meters and thermal imaging that allow us to locate moisture pockets in the subfloor
- Drying mats get put down, and we seal all edges before using high-powered extraction and drying
- Throughout the drying process, our skilled technicians monitor all of the moisture levels
- Drying mats and air moving equipment get moved frequently to enhance drying and to meet our drying goals
With any water removal project, it is imperative to check relative humidity within your home to ensure the project is 100% up to our standards. We also use EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants to keep mold and mildew from developing and inhibiting foul odors from lingering.
Nothing is more important than making sure that your interior gets back to normal, which is why it is best to call our team at SERVPRO of South Sarasota when you need a water damage service you can count on. With a quick phone call to our office at (941) 552-6319, we can send out a crew to get started with a full and detailed loss assessment.