Can Someone Bring My Mold Issues Under Control in my Sarasota Business Center?
SERVPRO Removes Mold Damage and Educates Business Owners in Sarasota
In Sarasota, not just any cleaning company can legally and reliably help manage a mold problem. Florida law requires specific training and certification for mold remediation companies. Because mold and mildew are constant worries in our warm and humid climate, these stringent requirements help protect businesses from unscrupulous contractors and ensure highly qualified and effective assistance.
Is Mold a Chronic Condition in Our Area?
Mold damage in Sarasota is not an uncommon concern for business owners. Mold spores are everywhere in indoor and outdoor environments, but the problems occur when the following are present:
- Food source--Organic materials including
- Building materials (drywall, wood)
- Inorganic materials coated with organic materials, such as soap scum on tiles, food bits on counters, and dust and grime
- A suitable place to grow
- Oxygen, not light, required, making building cavities available
- Mold spores are tiny, so any habitable nook or cranny with an accessible bit of organic material works
- Moisture--Crucial element, cannot multiply without water
- Neglected spills
- Unmitigated and remediated water damage
- Overland and storm-based flooding
- Poorly maintained or installed sprinkler systems
- Condensation, often connected with inefficient or unmaintained air conditioning systems and inadequate venting of humid air in kitchens, bathrooms, and production areas
Can Mold Remediators Help with Both Current Mold Infestations and Future Risks of Recurrence?
We train our certified mold remediation crews at SERVPRO to thoroughly remove active mold colonies using the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) developed protocols:
- Contain the affected area
- Remove the mold and debris, including HEPA filtered vacuuming and thorough wipe down
- Dispose of moldy materials
- Inhibit future problems with the application of EPA-registered antimicrobials
We also use our water damage knowledge to locate moisture incursions and risks. Advising our commercial customers on ways to limit and remove moisture sources fast, as molds can begin their life cycle within 24 to 48 hours, is essential to bring chronic mold outbreaks under control.
Rely on SERVPRO of South Sarasota to address your mold remediation needs in your commercial space. Call us at (941) 552-6319 to set up an evaluation.
More about Sarasota.
Mold Remediation: MRSR3181