Why Should I Choose a Multi-Specialty Sarasota Disaster Recovery Company to Address Water Damage?
Disaster Recovery Companies Find Surprises in Even "Straightforward" Projects, Why SERVPRO Commits to Master the Full Spectrum of Restoration Standards Including Water Damage Repair in Sarasota
If you have ever attempted a weekend DIY project, you understand how a seemingly simple repair or maintenance task can blossom into a full-blown construction nightmare. The transformation process from a minor fix to a complex, multi-phase agenda is familiar to our crews. When we respond to your Sarasota water loss, we take nothing for granted. Expect a comprehensive assessment before an individualized plan develops. When unusual circumstances present, we are prepared with research-based adaptations.
It Is Only Water -- Why Are Professionals Needed for Water Damage Repair?
When your Saratoga home needs water damage repair, the protocol followed by professional restorers is not a superficial wet vac or mop up, followed by scattering a few fans and dehumidifiers around the affected space. We inspect thoroughly for visible standing water and the fluids that migrated from the original loss. To accomplish the feat of tracing the hidden pathways of wandering water, our managers and technicians master the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) coursework and receive certification as Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT). They are then proficient with the testing devices that give professionals insight into the true extent of water damage:
- Infrared Imaging
Unique cameras project temperature fluctuations that suggest where pooled water and wet permeable materials are located when interpreted by trained individuals. Water can lurk in all kinds of building cavities -- between walls, over ceilings, under floors, and within some building materials such as cinder blocks, with their open cells.
- Moisture Detectors
Devices with penetrating prongs indicate moisture when calibrated according to proper standards for the materials tested. Repeated testing in different spots assists in mapping out the water incursion.
- Moisture Meters
These moisture measuring devices use either prongs or sensors to determine water levels absorbed into structures, fixtures, and contents. This data guides our efforts to focus on the wettest materials and provides a baseline for structural drying efforts after aggressive extraction removes the water's bulk.
Note: Because reading the output of these tools is somewhat subjective, we train all of our technicians the same and each uses the same moister meters for the initial tests and while monitoring during the applied structural drying phase. The consistency is vital to achieving the results desired and upholding the research-based standards.
How Do Professionals "Unlock" the Trapped Water?
Sometimes we need to give hidden water in Sarasota a nudge to extract it and dry out wet materials. This is why SERVPRO maintains a licensed construction division to assist when we use various controlled demolition strategies to release or drain the water and enhance the effectiveness of the air movers and dehumidifiers we use to dry out spaces. Once the water damage repair job completes, our construction crew can repair, replace, and rebuild the affected materials:
- Weep Holes -- These openings are punched through a ceiling or bulge in a wall, paint, or wall covering. To avoid a torrent of water, we punch holes next to the bulge, and water is allowed to drain before more holes are punched closer to the center of the water load.
- Sawn or Drilled Holes -- Positioned after baseboards, beadboards, paneling, or other removable covering is pried up, these holes drain water and improve airflow for drying.
- Flood cuts -- This tactic works well when drywall or plaster is so damaged near the floor that it needs removal. The wet wall plus several inches of dry materials above the waterline are sawn out from stud to stud
What Are Some Common Complications Seen on Water Damage Repair Jobs?
When we "dig into" the repair job, we can find issues invisible from the surfaces. Because of the broad array of IICRC specialties in which our crews receive certification, you do not need to hire additional contractors. Examples include:
- Mold Damage -- Our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and IICRC protocols to abate mold growth, containing, removing, and inhibiting rebound through best practices.
- Lead -- Often sawn or deteriorating materials test positive for lead paint. We arrange for properly certified individuals to safely remove these materials before your family comes in contact with them and risks health or developmental consequences.
Our promise to residential customers is to be prepared for both the expected and unexpected when we undertake your water damage repair request. Unanticipated issues cannot derail a thoroughly trained and equipped restoration company, this is why SERVPRO of South Sarasota invests in IICRC training and cutting edge equipment for our crews. Call (941) 552-6319 for help with a water loss and all it comes to entail.
Mold Remediation: MRSR3181