Searching for Emergency Sarasota Flood Removal?
SERVPRO Techs Extract Flooding from Sarasota Homes
Modern-day Sarasota is home to almost 60,000 citizens. This historied area was originally home to both Amerindian tribes and Spanish colonists exploring the area as early as the sixteenth century. The original documented contact between Spanish explorers and indigenous Americans occurred in 1513 after landing at Charlotte Harbor. What surprised the explorers was that the Americans already knew some Spanish, meaning even earlier expeditions had reached the area.
The Sarasota area was first documented in detail by Spanish explorers in the mid-1700s and given the name “Zarazote.” These early sheepskin maps also included what is now Bradenton. In the late 1800s, a massive 60,000-acre land purchase by The Florida Mortgage and Investment Company of Edinburgh greatly expanded the land available for city development. Shortly after that, the town became a haven for Scottish settlers.
Sarasota established a local chapter dedicated to finding sister cities in 1963. This group started not long after President Dwight D. Eisenhower began the diplomacy program in 1956.
These cities include:
- Siming District in Xiamen, China, added in 2007.
- Dunfermline, Scotland, added in 2001.
- Perpignan, France, and Vladimir, Russia, both of which were added in 1994.
- Tel Mond, Israel, which was added to the Roster in 1999.
- Mérida, Mexico, the most recent sister city, was added in 2010.
Sarasota also has two “Friendship cities”: Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, and Busseto, Italy. These locales were introduced in 2017 and 2020, respectively.
Festivals in Sarasota
SRQ hosts several local festivals each year, such as:
- The annual Sarasota Film Festival, which has occurred since 1998, is now one of the biggest events of its kind in Florida. It features independent films from all over the world.
- The Sarasota Chalk Festival is the first known international street painting festival in the U.S. that draws its traditions from the Renaissance Italian practice of painting streets.
- The Harvey Milk Festival advocates civil rights and independent music with a focus on the LGBT+ community. Milk was the first openly gay elected officeholder in California’s history, and the event is held each year during the weekend nearest his birthday.
Can SERVPRO Detect Flood Damage Behind Structures?
Technicians use a multitude of detection tools before initiating Sarasota flood removal services. However, only one is designed to detect moisture inside, underneath, or behind surfaces: the infrared camera. Thermography ascertains locations with potential moisture damage by observing temperature changes.
This tool provides a variety of benefits:
- Inspection without damaging structures- Penetrating meters allow direct measurement inside surfaces, and infrared cameras are beneficial for a preliminary assessment.
- Increased efficiency during the measurement phase-Viewing moisture-prone areas based on temperature readings is a much faster process than calibrating meters and sensors to measure individual surfaces.
- Easier measurement of hard-to-reach areas- High ceilings and other structures that are difficult to access can be measured while keeping flooded properties and team members safe.
SERVPRO of South Sarasota can be reached at (941) 552-6319 for flood removal services.