What Techniques Do Professional Restorers Use to Remove Water from Different Types of Flooring?
One Mitigation and Remediation Approach Does Not Fit All Wet Floors, but Highly Qualified SERVPRO Crews Choose and Implement Appropriate Strategies for Water Removal in Sarasota
Most homes in Sarasota feature a variety of flooring materials. Although homeowners expect stability and durability from floor coverings, some types handle water loss better than others. You can count on our managers and crews to use their Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) courses and certifications, combined with hands-on experience to arrive at the most successful result for all of your water-damaged floors.
Is Water Removal and Drying Enough to Save Laminate Flooring?
When Sarasota homes feature laminate flooring, water removal can prove inadequate to restore the appearance and functionality of this engineered material. Laminate floors mimic hardwood, stone, tile, and other desired looks. Manufacturers produce laminate flooring with easy to install strips or panels that float over or glue down to a resilient substrate. The finished laminate product typically is made of:
- A photographic applique layer that resembles a natural surface or ceramic tile
- A transparent protective synthetic layer that overlies the applique
- An inner core layer often composed of melamine resin and fiberboard materials (engineered wood)
Whether it be from a plumbing break, appliance breakdown, or failure of other water sources within a structure, flooding over laminate flooring normally results in rapid delamination of the layers and any adhesives used in installation fail. The foam underpinning, and subfloor also become wet. Water removal and drying can restore the plywood or OSB subfloor, but the laminate nearly always needs at least partial removal and replacement. SERVPRO is a licensed general contractor, prepared to manage the demolition and reinstallation of a laminate floor seamlessly as part of the overall water damage restoration project.
Are Hardwood Floors as Delicate as Laminate Floors?
When discussing plans for hardwood flooring water removal in Sarasota with your SERVPRO project manager, we offer various strategies to remove standing water, dry out residual moisture, and refinish damaged areas. Finished hardwood flooring is dense and naturally resistant to water. Warping or distortion of the planks can occur as water drains between the planks or strip joints and under the baseboards.
Why Do Distortions Occur in Wet Hardwood Floors and What Are Solutions?
- Water trapped between the subfloor and hardwood planks wicks up through the unfinished underside of the hardwood.
- Usually, the malformation is in the form of "cupping," where the sides of the planks or strips swell, pushing up and leaving the center of each section lower, like a cup-bottom.
- The extraction of standing water must be followed by moisture detection and metering to locate the water soaked into the substrate.
- While drying removes most of the distortion, once moisture levels are returned to normal sanding can resolve any residual cupping, and refinishing returns the luster.
Our options to remove the absorbed water include:
- Loosening ends of strips or planks to permit dry, warm air to flow over and under
- Using negative air pressure (suction) to pull water out of several layers, delivered through an adhesive floor mat system connected by hoses to an extractor
- Positioning heaters and air movers beneath the affected subfloor (best results where no ceiling or vapor barriers are present)
- Consistent monitoring of the drying process to a material moisture level of about 12 – 15 percent (or equaling wood floor moisture levels in unaffected areas of your home)
Note: SERVPRO takes monitoring of moisture levels seriously, as "crowning," (a reaction to over-drying that can cause the center of the plank to convex) is not as amenable to sanding and refinishing compared to cupping.
What Challenges are Associated with Drying Tile Floors?
Resilient floors like vinyl and asphalt tiles can handle water damage better, needing pumping of water deeper than 2 inches and squeegeeing and removing residual wetness with truck-mounted or portable extractors. Sometimes glued vinyl tiles loosen and are usually best replaced with new materials. If asphalt tiles show signs of asbestos, licensed remediation technicians must contain and lawfully dispose of the materials, and tile replacement becomes essential.
How Are Ceramic Tile Floors Handled During Water Removal?
In theory, ceramic tile floors should be nearly waterproof. However, over time grout and other sealants can crack or dry out, permitting water to percolate to the subfloor. If it has been wet for an extended period of time, it may not be salvageable due to microbial growth and potential damage to the subfloor. SERVPRO looks for dislodged tiles and musty odors to discern if water has drained through. We also can employ infrared imaging and moisture detectors to test for water incursion. The drying process is similar to that for extracting and drying for hardwood floors:
- We employ floor mat negative pressure extraction systems.
- We loosen tiles in strategic spots to permit access for water removal and to enhance drying.
- We check for mold issues and refer to our certified mold remediation team if indicated.
The IICRC-trained managers and crews of SERVPRO of South Sarasota have a comprehensive understanding of how moisture-damaged flooring materials respond to the many water removal strategies we apply to make it "Like it never even happened." Call for a consultation at (941) 552-6319.
Mold Remediation: MRSR3181
What Should I Do If My Company Needs Mold Remediation?
Knowing the type of mold is important for effective remediation. We can coordinate testing for the specific type and remediate the issue.
Immediately Acting is Vital to Removing Mold from Your Sarasota Business
Business owners in Sarasota understand the importance of maintaining their property and its content. Mold can damage inventory, office furniture, and supplies. More importantly, mold can cause liability issues for business owners if employees or clients are negatively impacted. It needs immediate mitigation, and SERVPRO is here to help your company remove mold growth.
I Think My Business is Infested – How Do I Know for Sure?
Mold can be hidden, but it is relatively easy to detect. If you think your South Sarasota business has a mold problem, it presumably does. Mold removal for your Sarasota business needs to be professional to ensure your company stays in business. There are signs for which your cleaning and maintenance crew can look. They include:
- Darker grout – If the grout in your restrooms or other tiled areas seems darker, it could be mold.
- Musty smells – If you notice moldy or musty smells in any area or coming through your HVAC system, you have a mold problem.
- Visible mold – Even a small infestation can spread rapidly to adjacent areas.
- Damp spots – Moisture leads to mold.
What Should I Do if I Do Detect Mold?
Calling SERVPRO is the first step in mold remediation for your commercial enterprise. Our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) have the equipment and the skill to properly deal with mold growth. Because mold multiplies quickly, we need to move fast. Shutting down your HVAC system and fans should be done right away. Keep all employees and clients out of the infected area. Do not attempt to have your cleaning crew remove the mold. SERVPRO of South Sarasota can coordinate our licensed mold assessor to test for and identify the specific types of microbial growth and then test upon our completion of remediation to confirm that the area is safe. This vital documentation confirms that business owners have taken the proper steps to provide a safe working environment for their employees.
Commercial Mold Remediation
Our techs begin by containing the area, so the mold does not spread. Physical barriers such as plastic sheeting get used along with negative air machines. Thermal hygrometers and moisture meters are used to detect hidden dampness. The mold remediation process involves removing mold spores from the air with air scrubbers and HEPA filters. Carpet, drywall, and sheetrock may need to be removed if the infestation is bad enough. Replacing these items is part of the restoration process, which is just a portion of our pros' ability to restore your company to preloss condition.
Contact SERVPRO of South Sarasota at (941) 552-6319 for quality mold removal service. Contractor Licenses: General: CGC1504870 and Mold Remediation: MRSR3181.
More about Sarasota.
How Soon Can I Get My House Repaired After Water Damage Cleanup?
No matter the scope of your water loss event, SERVPRO is available and ready to dry your home. Each of our vehicles are equipped with water tools
SERVPRO of South Sarasota has a General Contractors License to Handle Both the Cleanup and Rebuilding of Your Sarasota Home
After water damage occurs in your home, the cleanup process can seem daunting. Another issue is the water does not stay in the same place as it migrates downward. Even floodwater that enters a home tends to recede quickly, wicking into walls and seeping under floors creating large problems unless the extraction and drying process can begin as soon as possible after the initial event. Before repairs can occur in your home, the house needs to:
- Be verified as dry using moisture meters
- Cleaned, disinfected, and odor treatments applied
- Completion of controlled demo actions
What Equipment Do I Need to For Water Removal Within Stairs?
Water can wind up in hard-to-remove places causing Sarasota homes to need water removal services. SERVPRO technicians have a host of extraction equipment to work on all types of removal situations. In cases where water migrated into a staircase, we have a contractor license #CGC1504870. They have the devices to scope the structure to determine the exact areas of moisture collection and the knowledge for controlled demolition actions only in the staircase areas that need extraction and drying.
After a water loss event in the home, it is crucial to be vigilant to avoid mold growth. As fast as 48 hours, if the interior humidity remains at sustainable levels, an infestation can occur. SERVPRO techs have extensive training and certification in mold remediation #MRSR3181, giving them the knowledge to treat existing problems during the mitigation process.
SERVPRO of South Sarasota at (941) 552-6319 when you need fast and efficient water removal in your home. The trained and certified technicians can clean up and restore your property and contents to their pre-water damage condition by using their advanced restoration methods.
More about Sarasota.
Why Should I Choose a Multi-Specialty Sarasota Disaster Recovery Company to Address Water Damage?
Contact our experienced and certified team when water damage affects your home. Our team is standing by 24/7 - 365 days a year.
Disaster Recovery Companies Find Surprises in Even "Straightforward" Projects, Why SERVPRO Commits to Master the Full Spectrum of Restoration Standards Including Water Damage Repair in Sarasota
If you have ever attempted a weekend DIY project, you understand how a seemingly simple repair or maintenance task can blossom into a full-blown construction nightmare. The transformation process from a minor fix to a complex, multi-phase agenda is familiar to our crews. When we respond to your Sarasota water loss, we take nothing for granted. Expect a comprehensive assessment before an individualized plan develops. When unusual circumstances present, we are prepared with research-based adaptations.
It Is Only Water -- Why Are Professionals Needed for Water Damage Repair?
When your Saratoga home needs water damage repair, the protocol followed by professional restorers is not a superficial wet vac or mop up, followed by scattering a few fans and dehumidifiers around the affected space. We inspect thoroughly for visible standing water and the fluids that migrated from the original loss. To accomplish the feat of tracing the hidden pathways of wandering water, our managers and technicians master the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) coursework and receive certification as Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT). They are then proficient with the testing devices that give professionals insight into the true extent of water damage:
Unique cameras project temperature fluctuations that suggest where pooled water and wet permeable materials are located when interpreted by trained individuals. Water can lurk in all kinds of building cavities -- between walls, over ceilings, under floors, and within some building materials such as cinder blocks, with their open cells.
Devices with penetrating prongs indicate moisture when calibrated according to proper standards for the materials tested. Repeated testing in different spots assists in mapping out the water incursion.
These moisture measuring devices use either prongs or sensors to determine water levels absorbed into structures, fixtures, and contents. This data guides our efforts to focus on the wettest materials and provides a baseline for structural drying efforts after aggressive extraction removes the water's bulk.
Note: Because reading the output of these tools is somewhat subjective, we train all of our technicians the same and each uses the same moister meters for the initial tests and while monitoring during the applied structural drying phase. The consistency is vital to achieving the results desired and upholding the research-based standards.
How Do Professionals "Unlock" the Trapped Water?
Sometimes we need to give hidden water in Sarasota a nudge to extract it and dry out wet materials. This is why SERVPRO maintains a licensed construction division to assist when we use various controlled demolition strategies to release or drain the water and enhance the effectiveness of the air movers and dehumidifiers we use to dry out spaces. Once the water damage repair job completes, our construction crew can repair, replace, and rebuild the affected materials:
- Weep Holes -- These openings are punched through a ceiling or bulge in a wall, paint, or wall covering. To avoid a torrent of water, we punch holes next to the bulge, and water is allowed to drain before more holes are punched closer to the center of the water load.
- Sawn or Drilled Holes -- Positioned after baseboards, beadboards, paneling, or other removable covering is pried up, these holes drain water and improve airflow for drying.
- Flood cuts -- This tactic works well when drywall or plaster is so damaged near the floor that it needs removal. The wet wall plus several inches of dry materials above the waterline are sawn out from stud to stud
What Are Some Common Complications Seen on Water Damage Repair Jobs?
When we "dig into" the repair job, we can find issues invisible from the surfaces. Because of the broad array of IICRC specialties in which our crews receive certification, you do not need to hire additional contractors. Examples include:
- Mold Damage -- Our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and IICRC protocols to abate mold growth, containing, removing, and inhibiting rebound through best practices.
- Lead -- Often sawn or deteriorating materials test positive for lead paint. We arrange for properly certified individuals to safely remove these materials before your family comes in contact with them and risks health or developmental consequences.
Our promise to residential customers is to be prepared for both the expected and unexpected when we undertake your water damage repair request. Unanticipated issues cannot derail a thoroughly trained and equipped restoration company, this is why SERVPRO of South Sarasota invests in IICRC training and cutting edge equipment for our crews. Call (941) 552-6319 for help with a water loss and all it comes to entail.
Mold Remediation: MRSR3181
How can I Mitigate my Loss After a Home Fire?
We keep our vehicles fully stocked with restoration equipment to ensure that we can respond quickly to your restoration emergency needs.
Professional Restoration Specialists Can Help You Mitigate your Loss After a Fire in Your Sarasota Home
It is not uncommon for a partial fire to erupt in a home, leaving some areas in need. In Sarasota, the weather is usually benevolent, and repairs can be done without the deadline imposed by the changing seasons but wasting time costs money. It is best to act quickly and allow experts to lead the process to reduce the scope of the damage and minimize your expenses
In Sarasota, fire damage is our specialty. Our SERVPRO team is certified to handle your emergency by applying industry best practices and using the latest technology. With our help, you gain a comprehensive view of how your home will return to mint condition by salvaging what we can and protecting unaffected sections from cross-contamination. Our understanding of the theory of fire and how smoke travels prepares us to look beyond what is evident to the naked eye.
What are the proper steps to restore my home?
Fires can be very messy due to the even itself and then ensuing extinguishing agents necessary to tame the flames. When our SERVPRO team arrives, safety is our priority, which we follow with understanding the source of the fire and how smoke and soot settled onto each surface. Depending on each material, we may need to apply targeted cleaning solutions that allow us to clean while preventing further damage due to their abrasive nature. Key to a successful restoration are the following steps:
- Water extraction by using pumps and extractors of different sizes
- Disinfecting to eliminate harmful bacteria
- Deodorizing and purifying your air to rid your home of the acrid smell of smoke
After the fire damage restoration process is over, our SERVPRO crew can also offer reconstruction services under its general contractor license # CGC1504870. This value-added service mitigates your loss of time and money by allowing repairs to be coordinated and seamless, centralized by our expert staff.
SERVPRO of South Sarasota helps restore your home from the moment the emergency happens to its full restoration. Contact us at (941) 552-6319 and let us leave your house "Like it never even happened."
More about Sarasota.
A Heavy Storm Left Me Dealing with Flood Damage in My Property. Where Do I Seek Help
When this business was damaged by a storm, SERVPRO was there. We completely restored this property back to its preloss condition.
Talk to SERVPRO Technicians in Sarasota To Help You Handle the Flood Damage in Your Residence
Flooding resulting from a storm can cause severe problems in your property, especially if ignored for more than 48 hours. The floodwater can seep into walls, carpeting, and upholstery, among other nooks and crannies. If you do not clean your Sarasota home appropriately, it can be the breeding ground for mold, which may cause health issues to you and your family.
How long does it take mold to grow in a flooded property?
If the flood damage in a Sarasota property is ignored for more than 24 hours, mold may begin to grow on surfaces. The floodwater may destroy porous materials such as drywall and wood. SERVPRO's team of experts can mitigate flood damage. We can use advanced products to clean the affected area and minimize the chances of mold growth. Also, we perform mold remediation. Our mold remediation contractor's license number is MRSR3181. Our general contractor's license number is CGC1504870.
How long do restorers take to dry the affected property?
Even after cleaning and disinfecting your property, mold growth can still occur until the area is dry. With our advanced equipment and tools, it can take several hours or days to dry the area. A humidity level of between 40 and 60 percent should discourage mold from forming and multiplying inside your property. Our technicians can use centrifugal air movers to drive dry air from outside to replace the moist air in your property. The dry air from outside increases the rate of evaporation in your property and expedites the drying process.
How do you determine if the drying process was successful?
After drying your property, we inspect the affected area for moisture. Our technicians can use a thermo-hygrometer to measure the humidity and temperature of air masses. The equipment provides the restorers with humidity ratio, vapor pressure, and dew point readings. We can determine if drying was effective by identifying the moisture content of materials in the unaffected areas of the home. We make these our drying goals for the affected materials. Our SERVPRO restorers know that the affected areas are back to normal when the readings in the affected areas are the same or drier than the unaffected areas.
Which restoration services do you perform?
Once we dry the structures and content of your property, we can offer different restoration services to normalize the affected area. They include:
- Repairing the structures and contents
- Performing final cleaning
- Making final inspections
- Removing restoration equipment from the job site
- Placing your contents back in place.
Flooding can destroy your property and cause health issues to your family if not handled on time. Contact SERVPRO of South Sarasota to restore your property. You can reach us at (941) 552-6319.
More about Sarasota.
How Does Attic Mold in My Sarasota Home Form?
Florida’s warm weather and high humidity create a perfect environment for mold and mildew. Inspect your attic often for signs of mold.
Mold Can Occur in Many Areas of Your House, and Our Professionals can Help with Effective Remediation Strategies to Prevent This Situation from Worsening
The presence of mold in your house can be an alarming discovery, especially when you are unsure how the situation developed in your Sarasota property. As fast as these organisms can spread throughout your home, understanding how microbial threats began can ensure that you take the needed precautions to prevent them. We have both remediation technicians and residential contractors that can work simultaneously to help address structural concerns and present colonization to protect both the house and its occupants.
When you consider how extensive mold remediation is for Sarasota homes, you can appreciate each of the individual steps involved in removing active colonies and recovering the property. These processes often begin with a thorough inspection of the house when you suspect the presence of mold. Low-traffic areas like the attic can often be ideal locations for mold growth when moisture concerns exist. One of the alarming aspects of attic mold is how long these situations can continue before the effects like odors or organism migration can signal homeowners about a problem.
How Does Mold Damage Form in the Attic?
Much like anywhere else in your house, mold can form readily in the attic given the right conditions. This harmful organism cannot exist without a higher moisture content in the area, meaning that some situation exists that allows an excess of dampness in the unfinished attic. In most cases, structural damage exists to some degree. It permits enough water and moisture penetration from the outside for naturally occurring mold spores to sit in hosting materials and begin to colonize. There are only a few common causes or catalysts to microbial growth in this upper portion of your property. These include:
- Leaks - Structural concerns like roof damage can allow water to push through shingles and underlayment to impact plywood, joists, and other supports exposed in the attic space. Because all of these organic materials are susceptible to mold growth, the organism can spread quickly.
- Humidity - Because of the position along the Gulf of Mexico, homes here in Sarasota can often contend with excessive humidity and moisture content. Trapped air in your poorly ventilated attic can lead to the appropriate conditions for mold growth.
- Malfunctioning HVAC – Many Floridians have their air conditioner or HVAC unit installed in their attic space, which can be efficient - yet also problematic - should the unit begin to leak due to situations like a clogged condenser.
What Steps Happen First to Protect the Home?
As with any Sarasota mold situation, quickly acting can protect your property and its belongings from severe damage. Not only is mold growth potentially health hazardous to those exposed, but the organism can also deteriorate affected materials and hosting surfaces quickly. When our team first arrives, we have several steps that we can take immediately to prevent the organism's spread any farther than it already has gone.
- Shutting Down Air Circulation – The duct system of your HVAC appliance can be pathways to each room in your house for active mold spores spreading to new areas.
- Containment – By installing a wood framework and thick plastic sheeting, we can isolate the affected areas to stop the spread of mold spores and make drying and remediation more efficient.
- Temporary Construction Solutions – There is no mistaking the need to resolve structural damage as it gets discovered, especially roof damage that could continually introduce more water and moisture into the attic space.
How Do Mold Colonies Get Removed?
We rely on our experienced remediation technicians to assess mold loss situations efficiently. We understand how quickly these emergencies can get out of control. We ensure that we dispatch the appropriately trained and educated experts on our roster and our building trade professionals. There are multiple strategies for removing microbial threats to structural surfaces. These approaches vary based on the severity of the situation, the material affected, and the damage location. Several of the most common strategies for remediation include:
- Soda Blasting
- Antimicrobial Treatments
- Controlled Demolition
You might not recognize when attic mold exists at first, but you can identify the colonies' presence based on telling signs that inevitably develop. From harsh odors to spotting on ceiling materials, you can often note a fungus or microbial growth before it spreads slowly through your home's high traffic areas. Give our SERVPRO of South Sarasota team a call anytime at (941) 552-6319.
Can Someone Bring My Mold Issues Under Control in my Sarasota Business Center?
Water damage, if not properly remediated, can lead to mold damage. Don’t let mold damage close your business. Call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO Removes Mold Damage and Educates Business Owners in Sarasota
In Sarasota, not just any cleaning company can legally and reliably help manage a mold problem. Florida law requires specific training and certification for mold remediation companies. Because mold and mildew are constant worries in our warm and humid climate, these stringent requirements help protect businesses from unscrupulous contractors and ensure highly qualified and effective assistance.
Is Mold a Chronic Condition in Our Area?
Mold damage in Sarasota is not an uncommon concern for business owners. Mold spores are everywhere in indoor and outdoor environments, but the problems occur when the following are present:
- Food source--Organic materials including
- Building materials (drywall, wood)
- Inorganic materials coated with organic materials, such as soap scum on tiles, food bits on counters, and dust and grime
- A suitable place to grow
- Oxygen, not light, required, making building cavities available
- Mold spores are tiny, so any habitable nook or cranny with an accessible bit of organic material works
- Moisture--Crucial element, cannot multiply without water
- Neglected spills
- Unmitigated and remediated water damage
- Overland and storm-based flooding
- Poorly maintained or installed sprinkler systems
- Condensation, often connected with inefficient or unmaintained air conditioning systems and inadequate venting of humid air in kitchens, bathrooms, and production areas
Can Mold Remediators Help with Both Current Mold Infestations and Future Risks of Recurrence?
We train our certified mold remediation crews at SERVPRO to thoroughly remove active mold colonies using the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) developed protocols:
- Contain the affected area
- Remove the mold and debris, including HEPA filtered vacuuming and thorough wipe down
- Dispose of moldy materials
- Inhibit future problems with the application of EPA-registered antimicrobials
We also use our water damage knowledge to locate moisture incursions and risks. Advising our commercial customers on ways to limit and remove moisture sources fast, as molds can begin their life cycle within 24 to 48 hours, is essential to bring chronic mold outbreaks under control.
Rely on SERVPRO of South Sarasota to address your mold remediation needs in your commercial space. Call us at (941) 552-6319 to set up an evaluation.
More about Sarasota.
Mold Remediation: MRSR3181
What Kind of Safety Precautions Do SERVPRO Technicians Use During Deodorization?
Soot residue and smoke odors are difficult to remove. SERVPRO has the equipment and knowledge to remove the smell.
After a Fire in Your Sarasota Home, Our Technicians Work to Remove Smoke Odors Carefully
The smell of smoke is extremely intense, requiring specific methods for removal. Deodorizers are strong chemicals requiring safety precautions for the behalf of both the occupants of your Sarasota home and our technicians. Some procedures require more safety precautions than others. For instance, using masking agents do not require as much preparation and precautions as fogging a home.
What Types of Deodorization Methods Require Extra Precautions?
SERVPRO Technicians Require Additional Safety Measures for Thermal Foggers and Ozone Generators
During fire restoration in your Sarasota house, deodorization is inevitable. Even the smallest fire can produce odor-causing smoke residue that may last for weeks or even months if left unattended. Our SERVPRO team must take precautions to keep both themselves and the residents of your home safe during the fire deodorization process. Some of the deodorization products used during thermal fogging are flammable, requiring extreme care. Likewise, ozone (activated oxygen) is a toxic gas that can cause harm when inhaled.
What Are Some of the Safety Procedures?
- Technicians post warning signs on every door of the structure to ensure that anyone entering the home knows that about the fogging or ozone generator.
- For thermal fogging, our team switches off pilot lights to reduce the fire's risk due to the open flame of a pilot light.
- Technicians wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure their safety and ability to breathe.
- Residents and pets should not be present for thermal fogging or ozone generator use.
- Ventilation to remove both odors and fumes are important before occupants and pets return to the home.
For assistance after a fire, contact SERVPRO of South Sarasota at (941) 552-6319. We're Faster to Any Size Disaster.
More about Sarasota.
What is the Best Way to Handle My Saturated Interior After a Pipe Leak?
Water quickly damages flooring and structural items. SERVPRO has the know how to dry your home and repair the damage.
Calling SERVPRO to Your Sarasota Residence Provides You with the Latest Water Damage Techniques
Each part of SERVPRO’s water restoration process gets meticulously planned so that we can ensure optimum results. Our main goal is to return your Sarasota home to preloss condition, which calls for a selection of expert techniques and the latest water removal technology. We are also Faster To Any Size Disaster, and you can count on us to be available 24/7 – ensuring you have quality results whenever you need it!
Even if It Was a Slight Leak, Do I Need to Call a Professional?
Failing to find the slightest amount of moisture left behind in your home poses a potential threat from the onset of secondary damage. Additionally, taking care of all your water damage in Sarasota ensures that your interior is free from the development of mold and mildew. SERVPRO uses powerful, industrial-strength tools and equipment to provide you with the best results.
Even though some consumer equipment is suitable for smaller water removal jobs, our professional-grade equipment and expertise and knowledge create a powerful result. While a DIY project is admirable to take on, water leaks can bring about potential health hazards and long-lasting damage to your structural materials if you do not handle it properly.
Why are Industrial Dehumidifiers Superior to Consumer Equipment?
There are many reasons why our technology is best suited for all kinds of water damage projects, including:
- We use dehumidifiers that remove a significant amount of moisture from the atmosphere within your interior. Our units remove roughly 100 to 250 pints each day, where a consumer unit removes only 20 to 50 pints each day, which also allows drying to happen at a much faster pace.
- The units feature smart technology that adjusts heating and cooling elements according to the temperature and moisture content within the zone.
- Our industrial-grade dehumidifiers include powerful air filters that capture damaging particles such as allergens.
What About the Saturated Drywall in My Home?
Our team utilizes a range of solutions that help identify the impact water has had on the drywall throughout your interior. For example, non-penetrating moisture meters establish a dryline where dampened drywall is unaffected by water. Determining the position of the dryline is elemental for effective drying methods, including:
- Flood cuts
- Controlled demolition
- Positive pressure drying, and more
We look at several factors to determine whether your drywall needs restoring or if a full replacement is best. Physical signs of water damage due to lengthy exposure to water include:
- Fungal growth
When your drywall does not show visible signs of damage, it might be possible to restore it on-site.
What is Water Migration and How Do You Check for It?
SERVPRO brings a broad range of specialized devices to your Sarasota home that allows us to determine if water has migrated from one area to the next. Water likes to move to dry spaces while following the path of least resistance. We can learn more about this path by using:
- Infrared camera technology –this helps to determine the location of the water
- Hygrometer –this helps provide an accurate measurement of dampness in the zone
Using these two tools in tandem helps us form a clearer picture of how to proceed with drying methods and equipment.
Can I Salvage My Hardwood Floors?
Any hardwood flooring in your home is at risk from damage whenever you have a water loss incident in Sarasota.Whether black hickory, maple, cherry, or another wood species composes your floor, SERVPRO has the skills and techniques to restore it rather than replace it. You must know that waiting for the water to dissipate is not an option when you have hardwood flooring, as the damage could become irreversible. We use a variety of techniques to mitigate the issue, including:
- Negative air pressure, which helps to suction the water out of the flooring
- Moisture meters and thermal imaging that allow us to locate moisture pockets in the subfloor
- Drying mats get put down, and we seal all edges before using high-powered extraction and drying
- Throughout the drying process, our skilled technicians monitor all of the moisture levels
- Drying mats and air moving equipment get moved frequently to enhance drying and to meet our drying goals
With any water removal project, it is imperative to check relative humidity within your home to ensure the project is 100% up to our standards. We also use EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants to keep mold and mildew from developing and inhibiting foul odors from lingering.
Nothing is more important than making sure that your interior gets back to normal, which is why it is best to call our team at SERVPRO of South Sarasota when you need a water damage service you can count on. With a quick phone call to our office at (941) 552-6319, we can send out a crew to get started with a full and detailed loss assessment.